It’s Not You!
When you work as hard as a mule and yet bitterly fail, is your first thought “I’m not good enough”?
If you’re in full-blown perfectionist mode, this might be quite often your go-to explanation.
I know how it’s like when after painstaking efforts you’re at your wits’ end and pull your hair, feeling like banging your head against the wall in front of you. You did all that you knew, yet results are far from expected.
So it must be something wrong with you, “obviously”!
Herein lies the problem.
It’s not you. It’s your thinking.
Einstein said that we can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
So how about considering other explanations for your less than successful efforts?
As a perfectionist you probably love lists, so here’s one more for you to ponder on:
– did you use the right tools?
– was it the right time and place?
– was it the right audience/target market?
– was the time frame realistic enough?
– did you have enough data to act on?
– are there new things that you might need to learn? new skills?
– how much experience do you have with it?
– is your expectation matching your experience on the subject?
– how about changing the strategy?
What other things might be useful to ask yourself?
10 Minutes Quiz
Is stress a normal part of your life? Do you work insanely long hours?
This 10 minutes quiz can tell you if you’re heading towards burnout or not.
Perfectionists R US
If you’re a perfectionist and would like to join a community of like minded people, you can join my Facebook group.
Share, learn, have fun and just be yourself, un-apologetically.
Are You Exhausted And Frustrated With All The Hustling?
Would you like to have the joy and fun back into your life and business?